502DAC - Pro Audio Shield
The 502DAC, designed and manufactured by Pi2Media (a division of PI 2 Design), is a professional I/O Shield designed to bring audiophile quality to the Raspberry PI ® family of Single Board Computers. The 502DAC converts the Raspberry Pi ® I2S Port to High Resolution Pro-Audio, Analog and Digital simultaneously.
- 24-Bit DAC – Highly regarded -112db THD PCM5122 running in Master Mode converts the I2S Stream to Analog at 24-Bit up to 192Khz Frame Rate
- DIGITAL AUDIO – Industry standard WM8804 converts the I2S stream to Pro-Audio Standard AES/SPDIF formatted data at 24-Bit up to 192Khz Frame Rate
- ULTRA-LOW NOISE CLOCKS – Two NDK NZ2520SD Oscillators feed the PCM5122 and WM8804 to insure the lowest possible Jitter and Phase Noise.
- ANALOG OUT – 2Vrms Stereo Line Out is available via Dual RCA Gold Plated Jacks
- BALANCED OUT – Isolated Balanced AES/EBU Pro-Audio is via ¼” Connector (XLR Adapter is available)
- COAX OUT - A BNC COAX connector provides single ended, isolated S/PDIF with selectable Output levels for
both Pro and Consumer equipment
- OPTICAL OUT – Via TX179 TOSLINK Transmitter
- HIGH-PSRR LDO – A Low-Noise Linear Tech LT3042 delivers 3.3V to all sections and provides 88db+ PSRR
over the entire audio band
- EXTERNAL 5V – This option allows the 502DAC to be powered from an external low noise supply if desired.